Ealing Community and Voluntary Service (Ealing CVS) is a registered local charity and has been supporting the local voluntary and community sector for over 30 years.
Ealing CVS has supported and contributed to the development of Hanwell Big Local from its infancy and then, as HBL became an independent body led by local people, they were elected onto the Partnership in 2014. With their many years of experience supporting the voluntary sector in Ealing, the role of Ealing CVS on the HBL Partnership is to support its initiatives and offer practical support where applicable.
They offer a wide range of practical support services to VCS groups:
- Advice and help with funding bids
- Help with recruiting volunteers
- Training and skills courses
- Group development advice, such as becoming a registered charity or help with starting up a new group
- Model policy documents, which most funders now require
- Free stats you can use in funding bids, which most funders also now require
- Help and training around safeguarding children
- IT tips and advice
- Information on service discount schemes and savings available to VCS groups