Hanwell Big Local is a new 10-year community project covering the Cuckoo, Gurnell and Copley estates.
It’s led by local residents who have volunteered to work on the project but it belongs to ALL the residents in these areas.
Hanwell Big Local is one of 150 areas nationwide that will each receive £1million to be spent improving the lives of people in the area. This money is provided from Big Lottery funds and is administered by the Local Trust. The Local Trust also provides us with support, training and networking opportunities. We have an expert in community development working with our Hanwell Big Local to help us. EASE is our local trusted organisation and has worked in this community since 2001. It’s responsibility is to administer and coordinate Hanwell Big Local on a day-to-day basis.
In 2014 we gave 12 grants to small projects in our area.
In 2015 we are funding:
- An affordable door-to-door bus service for those who find it difficult to get about in the local area
- Youth activities – sport and art for our young people
- Gardening apprenticeship scheme and support for residents to improve neglected communal gardens
- Support for our local businesses on Bordars Road and Greenford Avenue
- We want to secure the Hanwell Community Centre as a community venue
These projects started as ideas put forward by local people. They will develop and evolve and we will be putting more ideas into action over the ten year period
You can be part of Hanwell Big Local by:
- By telling your friends and neighbours about the project
- Using and benefitting from the projects and activities
- Joining the partnership
- Keeping up-to-date with what’s happening by visiting our website, checking our noticeboards
- Volunteering your time and skills
- Joining our email contact list
Please find below a link to the Hanwell Big Local area. It covers:
Cuckoo, Copley and Gurnell estates and is bounded by Greenford Avenue, Framfield Road and Ruislip Road East.